Tuesday, March 22, 2011

apple. mac. helpful 411...

if your new to mac or been an apple for long while there are some tricks I love, 
so thought I'd share.

first. 
did you know you can take a picture of your screen.
yup. 
or part of it. 

hit control/shift/3
yahoo!

to take a picture of part of it hit control/shift/4 
a little crosshair will pop up move it to where you want to start, drag that over & it "snaps" a pic
love it!

btw, I thought of how to demo that with pictures, and well. 
that just doesn't work. ha!

this is for the "whoa I have LOTS of windows open on my screen"
and especially good if your going between a couple. 
You merge windows.
Go to the too,
WINDOW
MERGE ALL WINDOWS
done.
simple, right? 


tabs with all the windows right there
below all my book marks. Kinda looks like gray folder tabs
ok, next. 
I love that when I move my cursor (either touch pad or mouse) to bottom left corner is swishes all the things on my screen away...
not getting me?
or when I move it to  top right I see all my open screens at once. 
Like this
Which helps if your working in different apps
Like when I go between iphoto & photoshop or
my blog page & internet for copying stuff. 

Here's where you make these settings
Find your Mac APPLICATIONS
Then find 
SYSTEM PREFERENCES

 under SYSTEM PREFERENCES
go to 
EXPOSE' & SPACES
looks like a square with 4 squares in it
top middle of the screen below

  go to EXPOSE & then just choose what you'd like each corner to do.
They only go to it when the cursor goes to that spot & it is SO helpful!!

You can see that the bottom right is 
DASHBOARD

this is super quick spot for  a calculator
dictionary! 
weather
etc etc....

hope that helps someone the way these quick references 
help me...and make me LOVE my mac!

Let me know if something needs clarifying
and if you'd like more tips....





No comments:

Post a Comment