It uses 2 baskets of blackberries...& I use an old enamelware pan I got long ago secondhand. A cast iron pan also works, love those. I've made it so many times its almost memorized, and it calls for buttermilk, which I LOVE. Buttermilk is lowfat, tangy & makes baking moist.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tablespoon for skillet
- 2 containers fresh blackberries (5.6 ounces each)
Hope you try it. Its delish!
Got it from:
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Blackberry-Cornmeal Cake - Martha Stewart Recipes